As a member of Bradfordville, you received an email on Sunday, explaining the resignation of John Bennett as Children and Family Pastor. John and Angela’s last day will be on Sunday, March 11. We do pray God’s best for them in the transition and in their new ministry assignment in Kentucky. John and Angela have a house to sell and possessions to move.
John and I talked and prayed together numerous times. He and Angela want God’s best for Bradfordville. John shared many times how he and Angela missed their kids and life in Kentucky. An opportunity came their way, and they believed God’s call and timing were right for them. I encourage you to express your words of encouragement and support to them over the next two weeks.
Many of you have asked about next steps for the children’s ministry. The children’s ministry is in a healthy place. We have great leaders and parents involved in the ministry. As John leaves, many of these leaders will take greater roles and levels of leadership. I encourage us to pray, serve, and be patient as the transition happens.
Let me give you five steps we’re taking to move forward.
1. The call is to pray and seek the Lord’s guidance. Prayer isn’t a last resort; it’s a first response. As you and I pray, and thank the Lord for His blessings, let’s rejoice over the past, seize the present, and prepare for the future.
2. The Personnel Committee is scheduled to meet. Our next personnel meeting is on the calendar for Monday, March 5. These men and women will begin to pray and discuss the search process with me at that meeting.
3. An Ad Hoc Leadership Team will be established. This team will consist of five people with leadership responsibilities in the children’s ministry. This isn’t a search team. This team will carry out the weekly and seasonal children’s ministries. We’ll follow the guidelines as set forth in our Constitution and Bylaws in establishing this team.
4. We’ll schedule listening sessions with leaders and parents. We want to hear from you as we move forward. We’ll schedule meetings for us to come together and talk about needs in the children’s ministry. These sessions will help us as we move forward in the search process.
5. A search begins for the next leader of our children’s ministry. The search process has already started. If you have a recommendation for the position, please send me the person’s resume. You can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Personnel Committee and I will keep you informed as the search process moves forward. This journey requires us to pray, trust God, and wait on His timing.
Thank you for praying and supporting the children’s ministry at Bradfordville! You’re the best!
Great Days are Ahead,