Have you started listening to Christmas music? Have you begun decorating your house for the Christmas season?
We want to make an investment in you and your family this Christmas. We’re giving every family a copy of The Christmas Code. It’s a Christmas devotional written by O.S. Hawkins. Dr. Hawkins is the president of Guidestone Financial Resources of the Southern Baptist Convention.
The challenge is for us to stay focused on Jesus this Christmas season. We have events to attend, decorations to place, and gifts to buy. Being real, Christmas can be challenging, exhausting, and depressing.
Let me give you an invitation this Christmas season. Please know that I’m not forgetting Thanksgiving. We have every reason to thank God for His goodness and grace.
1. Pick up your devotional book. You’ll find copies this Sunday and next Sunday in the Lobby and in the Brick Hallway. This is a special gift for you and your family.
2. Gather with your family. You can participate as a single person, a married couple, or a family with children. Find a time to gather your family and read each day’s devotion. The first devotion starts on December 1.
3. Ask for personal insights. Take the time to discuss what you read. You’ll hear inspirational insights from children, students, and adults. You may even want to write down what is shared in your discussion time.
4. Pray for God’s touch. Allow time for prayer as you and your family gather. One person may pray, or you may take turns praying. Either way, thank the Lord for His peace, hope, joy, and love.
5. Share insights with other people. Over the next few weeks, you’ll interact with people in your workplaces, neighborhoods, and schools that are stressed, worried, and exhausted. As God leads, you can turn an everyday conversation into a gospel conversation.
As you see in today’s newsletter, we have many special worship gatherings scheduled for the Christmas season. These are perfect times for us to worship and adore the Lord and for us to invite other people in our city to join us.
I’m excited to adore, proclaim, and follow Jesus with you this Christmas season.
He’s the Savior of the World,