The Vision 20/20 process continues at Bradfordville. Healthy churches exist with vision. We have two intentional teams related to seeking God’s direction and timing. One team is the Design/Build Team, and the second team is the Capital Fundraising Team. I appreciate the many hours team members have invested in the Vision 20/20 journey.
Our Quarterly Church Conference was held a few weeks back. During that meeting, and from our cash reserves, you approved $18,000 for additional architect fees and up to $50,000 for the connector between our property and the access road behind Zaxby’s. The new connector road will give us another exit, helping us reduce traffic congestion on Sunday mornings and providing a safer route to go north from our church campus.
The Vision 20/20 process focuses on the needs of children, students, and MANNA, too. And as a means of good stewardship, we’re discussing the usability and upkeep of the South Campus.
I want to give you key upcoming dates related to the process.
Sunday, March 5 – During the Sunday morning service, we plan to give you an update as to the status of the process. We’ll show you architectural drawings and talk about future meetings and plans.
Wednesday, March 22 – During our Wednesday evening gathering, we’re planning a “town hall” meeting for the entire church family. I’ve asked our children’s and student ministries to join us for the meeting at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary. This session will give you time to hear more details about phase one and the opportunity to ask questions.
Sunday, March 26 – During the Sunday morning service, you’ll have an opportunity to affirm phase one of the master site plan. This will be a simple yes or no vote. Our prayer is for Bradfordville to pursue God’s preferred future with vision and unity.
As we talk about moving forward, allow me to reiterate several important details about the process.
1. NO ADDITIONAL DEBT. Our plan is to pay cash for phase one. We don’t want to increase the church’s debt.
2. REDUCE CURRENT DEBT. We intend to use 10% of all capital funds raised to pay principal on the church’s current debt. We’ve even added a $25,000 debt reduction line in our current operating budget.
3. SEEK GOD’S HEART. Our Vision 20/20 process isn’t just about buildings. It’s a spiritual journey. Plans are in the works to lead our church family to participate in a 30-Day Prayer Journey.
4. REACH MORE PEOPLE. Buildings don’t reach people. As God leads, people reach people. However, phase one gives us new office space and additional Sunday School rooms for new people. One of our five strategic goals for 2017 is to start five new Sunday School classes. In order to fulfill that goal, we need more space.
5. CELEBRATE GOD’S ACTIVITY. As God’s people, we need to celebrate. He deserves to be glorified!
If you have questions, you’re always welcome to contact Rick Stewart or me by phone, email, or in person. We’re available to help you, or, if we can’t answer your questions, we’ll connect you with the chairpersons of the two Vision 20/20 teams.
I hope you’ll pray and attend the upcoming meetings. It’s exciting to see God’s hand and favor on Bradfordville.
Waiting on God and His Timing,