2016 was a great year for Bradfordville! We experienced the Lord’s goodness and favor. Our five goals from last year were completed. What does God desire to do in and through our lives and church in 2017?
Healthy churches and leaders set realistic and measurable goals. Every year, as your pastor, I’ve led us to cast vision and set five major goals. You are amazing! You ask, “How so?” Leaders at LifeWay said that a church couldn’t accomplish more than three major goals each year. We’ve accomplished five major goals every year. Thank you for being a church that’s willing to exist (and serve) by faith, not by sight.
I’ll admit the five goals this year require deep levels of faith. On our own, these goals are unattainable. We need the Lord! As we embark on a new year, I’m excited to see our church accomplish the following five strategic goals.
- Hire a part-time tech person. Working with the Finance and Personnel Committees, we allocated funds in the 2017 church budget to hire a tech person. Our media and tech needs continue to grow. Our weekly livestream allows us to “love outward,” by reaching people in our city and around the world. A job description (ministry profile) has been crafted. We’ll keep you posted as the search process develops.
- Birth five new Sunday School classes. Sunday School is a vital ministry at Bradfordville. Closing the back door requires people to join small group Bible study classes. We desire to start five new classes this year. We’re asking God for direction about specific classes and leaders. We do see ages and affinity groups that need new Bible study units. You’ll hear details about one new class in the next few weeks. If you’re not connected to a class, please join us on Sunday mornings at 9:15. We’ll help you find the right class.
- Move Phase One of the master-site plan toward completion. Our Vision 20/20 fulfilled their purpose in 2016. Therefore, we’ve disbanded that ad-hoc committee. Two other ad-hoc committees have been formed to accomplish phase one of the master-site plan. First, we have a design/build committee. Ashton Young chairs the committee. Serving also on the committee are Dr. Fred Steverson, Mary Ann Moore, Jay Peterson, Roz Baxley, Jenna Knowles, and Bryan Hudson. Second, we have a capital fund-raising committee. Dr. Raymond Cottrell chairs the committee. Serving also on the committee are Jim Overall, Tommy Pipkin, Hilda Strom, Dr. Abby Peters, Alyson Perrin, and Kevin Kolka.
- Mobilize 500 church members to be on mission in our city and around the world. An obedient church is committed to leaving the building. Our desire is to mobilize members of all ages to reach people in Tallahassee and around the world. What ministries and missions do we have for members to be involved in? You can volunteer for MANNA, Love Tallahassee, Light Up Bradfordville, The Giant Easter Egg Hunt, international mission trips, and local mission projects to name a few ways. You’ll hear about ways soon to be on mission at Bradfordville. And we’ll keep good records during the year to evaluate progress.
- Publish a new church directory. A new church directory is one way for us to “love inward.” Our church family is growing. It’s important to put names and faces together. We’ll enlist a team to execute the church directory. This team will interact with our church family, gather contact information on Bradfordville members, and schedule photography appointments. You’ll hear specific details about the new church directory soon.
As we kick-off 2017, I’m praying the Lord allows us “to make disciples that love upward, inward, and outward.” These five strategic goals are faith-driven and doable. However, you and I need to live surrendered and sacrificial lives.
Are you “ALL IN?”
Leading to Please God,