As the song says, “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.” In fact, the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas are all around us. It’s the most wonderful time of the year for many people.
The church calendar is filled with many ways for us to adore the Savior throughout December. This week’s article is meant to inform, inspire, and invite you to celebrate Jesus’ birth with your church family.
What’s happening around Bradfordville during December?
1. The Singing Christmas Tree. The presentation dates for the tree are December 9 (7:00 pm), December 10 (7:00 pm), and December 11 (4:00 pm). Tickets are available in the Church Office or online at bradfordville.org. This year’s tree presentations provide a perfect opportunity to invite family members, friends, neighbors, coworkers, and classmates to attend.
2. The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Our church’s offering goal is $25,000. Thousands of Southern Baptist missionaries trust the Lord that we’ll give a generous, sacrificial offering. I thank the Lord to pastor a church that’s committed to pray, give, go, and send. We’ll collect the offering throughout December. As a church, my confidence in you is off the chart. I believe you and I can meet (and exceed) the offering goal.
3. The Parents’ Night Out. The children’s and student ministries are partnering together to love children and help parents. On Friday, December 2 from 5:00-9:00 pm, trained volunteers are ready to care for your children while you shop or enjoy a date with your spouse. Reservations need to be made. You can call or email Lauren in the Church Office by Wednesday, November 30 to reserve your place.
4. The Deacon/Spouse Christmas Banquet. Faithful deacons and their wives serve Bradfordville. Our deacons are partners in ministry. On Monday, December 19 at 7:00 pm, we’re having a special Christmas banquet to honor our deacons and their spouses. We’ll enjoy fellowship, food, and faith. Dr. David Uth, senior pastor at First Baptist Church Orlando, is our guest speaker. He’ll bring an encouraging word and a biblical challenge to our deacon body. Reservations need to be made. Please call or email Shannon in the Church Office to make your reservation.
5. The Fellowship of Sunday School Classes. Many Bradfordville Sunday School classes are planning special Christmas fellowships. I love to see God’s people spending time together. Our church is blessed with great Sunday School teachers and classes. If you don’t have a class, please contact us. We’d love to help you find a Bible study class. You’ll be blessed by the Bible study and the relationships.
6. The Upcoming Christmas Sermon Series. On Sunday, December 4, I’ll begin a new sermon series entitled “It’s About Jesus.” As the popular phrase says, “Jesus is the reason for the season.” Christmas is about Jesus! We’re going to share from God’s Word about Jesus’ life as the Son, Servant, Savior, and Shepherd. I hope you’ll join us live in person or online every Sunday in December.
7. The Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Worship Services. On Saturday, December 24, the Christmas Eve worship gathering starts at 5:00 pm. Our Christmas Day worship service starts at 10:30 am. On Christmas Day, we’ll only have the worship service, not Sunday School. In many ways, the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day worship services will be the same service. You’re more than welcome to attend both services. However, being realistic, we know that most people will attend either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, not both services.
I’m thankful to worship Jesus with you during another Christmas season. Church, thank you for praying for your staff and me. We’re blessed to partner with you to spread Jesus’ fame and glory in our city and around the world!
Love from Your Pastor,