August was a special month for Bradfordville! The services in the Chapel, Fellowship Hall, and main Sanctuary were inspirational; the Sunday school banquet was encouraging; and the Thank Offering showed again the generosity of our church family. You gave over $68,000 to the offering. We’ll make the three upgrades as soon as possible. Thank you!
What’s happening at Bradfordville during September?
- Evangelism training on Wednesday nights. Jesus commands us to be His witnesses (Acts 1:8). His command isn’t optional. Our desire is to equip you to share your faith. I hope you’ll attend Wednesday nights in September. Wednesday night Bible study, along with children and student ministries, begins at 6:00 pm.
- Experiencing God sermon series. Beginning Sunday, September 11, we launch a new sermon series entitled, “Experiencing God.” You’ll be able to get a devotional book this Sunday that relates to the upcoming sermon series. Books will be available in the lobby or in the brick hallway by the education building. Sunday school classes plan to discuss specific questions each week related to the sermon. Our desire is for the church to pursue unity and experience our heavenly Father in deeper ways.
- Vision 20/20 Team meeting. On Sunday, the Vision 20/20 Team revealed their master site proposal in the lobby. Thank you to the many people who looked at the drawings and asked questions. Our Vision 20/20 Team is serving the Lord and you well. On Sunday night, September 25, we’re planning a meeting with the Vision 20/20 Team, along with the architect, in the Sanctuary, beginning at 6:00 pm. A more detailed report will be shared, and you’ll be given the opportunity to ask questions. I strongly encourage you to attend this meeting. It’s critical for the church to move forward in unity (Ps. 133:1).
- Baptism and Membership Class. We’ve baptized people (of various ages) the past three Sundays. Our plan is to baptize other new believers several Sundays in September. If you’d like to talk about baptism, please call us in the Church Office or email us. Our next membership class is Sunday, September 25, beginning at noon. Lunch will be provided. Our intention is for the class to be over by 1:30 pm. If you’d like to attend, please call Lauren or Shannon in the Church Office and make a reservation. The class is designed for you to learn more about Bradfordville’s mission, vision, and ministries.
- Israel 2017 meeting. Plans for our Israel trip are ongoing. On Sunday, September 25 at 5:00 pm, we’re hosting a meeting about the Holy Land trip. We’ll meet in the Choir Room. This meeting is a perfect opportunity to ask questions and find out specific details about the experience of a lifetime. The journey to Israel is scheduled for April 18-27, 2017. If you’re interested in the trip, I hope you’ll join us on September 25. The trip isn’t limited to Bradfordville members. I encourage you to spread the word about the trip and invite other people to attend the meeting, too.
- Deacon Nominations. The deacons at Bradfordville are dedicated servants. We seek to add godly men to the deacon body every year. Beginning this Sunday, you may pick up a deacon nomination form in the lobby or in the brick hallway near the education building, read the instructions, and place completed forms in one of the designated containers. Thank you in advance for participating in this important leadership selection process in our church.
As you can tell, Bradfordville is active and moving forward. I always encourage you to read each week’s newsletter and visit bradfordville.org for details on many other important church ministries and activities.
I hope to see you Sunday morning in Bible study and worship. If you and your family plan to be away on Sunday due to the holiday weekend, always remember that you can watch the service live online at bradfordville.org, beginning at 10:30 am.
“Sir, We Wish to See Jesus,”