We’re six-months into 2016. I imagine Christmas decorations will be going up soon around town :) I want to give you an update on the church’s major 2016 goals. In order to accomplish these goals, many dedicated servants are involved in the process. I thank God for their faithfulness and dedication.
Accomplishing these goals positions the church for healthy growth and protects the church from possible litigation.
- Revise the Church’s Constitution and By-Laws. Many hours are being invested in this project. As you know, the church’s Articles of Incorporation were changed recently, allowing us to define our Southern Baptist identity even clearer and stronger. In the coming months, you’ll hear details from the Constitution and By-Laws Team about additional changes to the church’s legal and governing documents.
- Present a comprehensive facility plan. The church’s Vision 20/20 Team is diligent and faithful in their ministry assignment. The team recently met with four architectural firms. Following a time of prayer and discussion, the team selected a firm to work with in the days ahead. An overall master plan, and a strategy to carry out that plan, is being developed. The team’s goal is to present the plan and strategy to the church in late August.
- Partner with the Hispanic Church. Efforts are in process to help the Hispanic Church find a new location. The Hispanic Church is experiencing healthy growth. Space is a critical need for them. Therefore, we’re helping them look at potential locations that allow for future growth.
- Send two mission teams to the Dominican Republic. In less than two months, our first mission team will be on the ground in the Dominican Republic. As of today, we have twenty-five people going on the two mission trips. Six mission team members are from the Hispanic Church. I’m confident that God is going to use both teams to carry out our vision of loving people around the world.
- Reach attendance goals in Sunday School and worship. Summer is always an interesting time for churches. School is out; vacations are in full swing; and weekend getaways are common. However, I appeal for you to be faithful in your attendance, tithes and offerings, service, and witness over the next few months. In August, we plan to celebrate the church’s past, present, and future. It’s been almost ten years since the church moved into our main campus. We’re planning a special day in late August that will allow us to accomplish our Sunday School and worship attendance goals (at least that’s how we’re praying and planning). More details are coming soon.
I encourage you to pray for the Southern Baptist Convention (June 12-15) and for Vacation Bible School (June 20-24). May the Lord move and display His glory in the days ahead!
Serving for His Glory,
1 Cor. 10:31