Hello church family! My name is Tom Cooney, and I am the Student Minister here at Bradfordville. First I would like to thank all of you who have been praying for my family and I during this transition period. We have begun to settle in, and are now loving the idea of calling Tallahassee home. There are some exciting times coming up in the lives of our students here at Bradfordville, and I am humbled and consider myself fortunate to be part of this time in their lives.
DNOW Weekend is fast approaching, and we are so excited to see what God is going to do in the lives of our students. I really believe that God has big things in-store for us! Salvations, baptisms, and reawakening in our students and leaders. There is a full weekend planned for our students which includes a ton of fun, fellowship, food, worship being led by Fellow Citizens, a local band here in Tallahassee, along with our keynote speaker, David Wiggins who is a Campus Pastor at Hillcrest Baptist Church in Pensacola, Florida.
The theme for the DNOW Weekend is #Serve. In Matthew 20:26-28 it reads:
“It must not be like that among you. On the contrary, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life — a ransom for many.”
One of the challenges for our students this weekend will be to learn what it means to be a servant leader, and how they can apply that servant leadership to their lives, today and forever.
As a church, I would ask that we would cover this weekend in prayer for our students, leaders, and parents. Here are some of the specific things that you can be praying for:
- Relationships – with our students to our Lord Jesus, each other, and our leadership.
- Small Group discussion times – this is where the students will have an opportunity to open up and share. This small group time is so critical to the weekend, and is where the real relationships will be formed.
- Worship is being led by a local band, FELLOW CITIZENS – pray that they are able to allow the students to worship and truly enter the gates of heaven with open arms and a reverent heart and spirit.
- Guest Speaker, David Wiggins – pray that he is able to connect with the students and challenge them to look at their relationship with Jesus, and allow the Holy Spirit to convict those that need to be convicted.
- Health for all leaders involved to be able to “sell out” for this weekend and be available for the students.
- Health for all students involved to be able to “sell out” for this weekend and not be distracted by anything that would prohibit the Holy Spirit from working.
- Host Homes – to be a place that is safe, warm, and inviting for the students.
- For parents – strength in their responsibilities as parents.
Thank you for your continued prayers this week leading up to and including the DNOW Weekend. I cannot wait to see what the Lord is going to do.
– Tom Cooney