God is at work at Bradfordville! That’s a powerful statement! As we see our heavenly Father at work, let’s never forget that He alone deserves the glory and praise. 2015 has been a historical year for His church. The Lord has used your faithful and generous stewardship of time and resources. Our 2015 goals have been fulfilled!
As 2016 begins, let’s pray for God to work in ways beyond what we can ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20-21). I want to take a moment and outline five major goals for our church in the coming year. Goals help us measure spiritual development and keep us focused. The completion of these goals calls us to be faithful, united, and “all in.”
- Revise the church’s Constitution & Bylaws. It’s been several years since the current document was adjusted or changed. Our goal is to select an ad hoc team that will meet, study, revise, and present a new document to our church family. In a litigation seeking culture, a well-crafted Constitution & Bylaws protects the church, provides structure for the church, and defines the church’s core vision and beliefs.
- Serve as a “Sending Church” for the Hispanic Congregation. A Hispanic church meets on our south campus every week. God is at work in their fellowship! The church’s pastor, Dr. Marino Martinez, has become a dear brother and friend to me. In 2016, our goal is to help them experience increased growth and health. We’re helping Dr. Marino and another church leader attend a two-day training session at the North American Mission Board in Alpharetta, Georgia, in January. We’re planning a joint Sunday School and worship gathering with the church on February 28, 2016. Following worship, we’ll head down to the south campus for an authentic Mexican lunch. It’s going to be an exciting and special day. In partnership with our church’s Missions Committee and Vision 20/20 Team, we’ll share more details about this goal in the days ahead.
- Propose a detailed facility plan. The church’s 20/20 Vision Team meets on a consistent basis. The team is faithfully praying and studying Bradfordville’s future facility needs. We have a beautiful and large sanctuary. However, we don’t have adequate space in other areas (parking, education, fellowship, recreation, office, etc.). Our goal is to present to the church a detailed facility plan to accommodate the church’s future growth. Our team plans to keep the church informed as the visioning process moves forward. Thank you for praying for the Vision 20/20 Team!
- Lead two mission teams to the Dominican Republic. God has called His church to reach the nations (Mt. 28:19-20). The Lord’s mission mandate starts in our city and moves out to the nations. We’re partnering with Orphan’s Heart, a ministry of the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes, again in 2016. The two mission trips are consecutive weeks. The first week is July 30-August 5, 2016, and the second week is August 6-12, 2016. If you have an interest in one of the two mission trips, please contact Shannon in the church office. She’ll add you to the list. We’re planning an informational meeting early in 2016. I’m excited about Bradfordville sending up to forty people to the Dominican Republic in 2016!
- See the Lord add to our numbers in Sunday School and worship. In Acts 2:47, the Bible says, “And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.” The church’s vision isn’t merely about numbers. However, we pray to see individuals saved and on the pathway to spiritual maturity. Our tendency is to count what matters. Therefore, numbers are important because people matter. Our goal in 2016 is to reach 500 in Sunday School and 750 in worship on a Sunday outside of Easter. This is possible as the Lord’s church is united and serves together.
Thank you for a blessed 2015! Our God is faithful!