I met with the church’s Missions Committee on Sunday. I appreciate the members’ heart to “love outward,” by reaching people in Tallahassee and around the world. Discussion took place about ways Bradfordville can engage a greater number of people with the gospel.
During the meeting, we evaluated numerous written and verbal reports. It’s inspirational to talk about how God is using our church to make His Son known. Here is a glimpse of the church’s efforts to share Jesus and be on mission.
- Over thirty volunteers have served overseas since March.
- 100 staff members at a local elementary school enjoyed breakfast provided and served by our church family.
- Many lives have been touched because of the church’s card ministry.
- Partnered with area churches in a ministry called “Power in the Park” to reach our community.
- Every mission-offering goal has been met and exceeded.
- Thousands of families have received food, love, and hope because of the church’s Manna Ministry.
- The International Mission Board recognized the church as being in the top 4% of churches (out of 50,000 churches) in giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
- Countless local businesses have been served breakfast or lunch by our church fellowship.
- Numerous projects have been completed on the Tallahassee campus of the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes.
- Many special events and ministries have been offered as a “front door” for people in the community.
Our goal is to be balanced in our mission strategy, meaning we want to be on mission in our community, state, nation, and world. Jesus called His followers to be His witnesses in Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the nations (Acts 1:8). One ministry goal for 2016 is to increase our mission efforts in North America by partnering with a pastor and new church plant. As a first step to accomplish the goal, reservations have been made to participate in a training event sponsored by the North American Mission Board this week. We want to be fully aware of the needs and expectations. We’ll share more details about this in the near future.
Thank you for being a church that’s outward-focused. I’m blessed to serve the Lord as your pastor.
On Mission in Tallahassee and Around the World,