Jesus defeated death and the grave! Before He ascended back to the Father, He gathered His disciples and gave them what is known as the Great Commission. Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age” (Mt. 28:19-20). As Acts 1:8 reveals, the disciple-making process starts in Tallahassee and extends to the nations.
How do you and I reach our state for Jesus? It’s imperative that we pray, give, and go. Are we praying for churches, pastors, and missionaries that serve in Florida? Are we giving our time, talents, and treasures to reach people who need Jesus? Are we engaging people in our city and state with the gospel?
One way that we can reach people in our state is by giving to the Maguire State Mission Offering. During September, we’ll receive a special mission offering. Every penny of the offering stays in Florida. Our mission-offering goal is $7,500. You bless me as a church! We’ve exceeded every mission-offering goal since the Lord called me to be your pastor. Special offering envelopes are located in the pew racks. Let’s give together, exceed another goal, and reach our state for Jesus.
As a Southern Baptist church, we’re affiliated with the Florida Baptist Convention. Below are facts given to us from state convention leaders about ways they plan to use the mission offering.
- Interest-free loans for new churches to gain an evangelistic foothold in their cities and neighborhoods.
- Church-based health ministries to serve the needy.
- Ministries to the struggling migrant population working in the state’s agricultural fields.
- Disaster response activation.
- Bible study and discipleship materials for the incarcerated in county jails and state penitentiaries.
- Pastoral aid for struggling pastors in Florida’s partnership states.
- The Great Commission mandate in Florida’s international partnerships in Cuba, Haiti, and the Amazon River Basin in Brazil.
- Free dental service to low-income residents.
- Port ministries to spread the gospel among seafarers and cruise ship industry.
- Summer mission camps for GAs and Acteens to prepare the next generation of ministers, missionaries and committed laypersons.
- Discipleship camps for Hispanic, Haitian and Korean youth and young adults, the hearing impaired and children in urban centers.
- Evangelistic outreach of college students serving as summer missionaries across the globe.
Our sacrificial giving to the Maguire State Mission Offering helps reach Florida, and people groups in other countries for Jesus. We’ll receive the mission offering during September.
Thank you for your participation in Sunday School and worship each week. The Lord is growing and maturing His church. I hope to see you tomorrow night and early Sunday morning. It’s a powerful witness for the Lord’s bride to come together in love and unity. Jesus doesn’t want you and me to simply come to church. He calls us to be the church! You’re an amazing faith family!
Praying, Giving, and Going,