School is out; temperatures are high (and the humidity, too); and vacations are in full swing. Even during the heat and busyness of summer, Bradfordville’s mission moves forward. In fact, our obedience to the Great Commission is alive and well.
Summer isn’t a time for the church to slow down and coast till fall. God is using people of all ages this summer “to make disciples that love upward, inward, and outward.” Prayer is a foundational ministry for the church. I appeal for you to pray for the following summertime ministries. We’re asking God to use His people, grow His church, rescue non-believers, and glorify His name.
1. Southern Baptist Convention. The annual meeting of Southern Baptists’ begins next week in Phoenix, Arizona. My prayer is for Bradfordville to have a viable presence in SBC life. I’ll present my annual convention report on Wednesday, June 21 at 6:00 pm in the Sanctuary.
2. Dominican Republic Mission Trip. Tom Cooney has formed a solid mission team from the IGNITE Student Ministry to be on mission in the Dominican Republic June 16-24. This mission project is in partnership with Orphan’s Heart of the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. We’ll pray for our mission team Sunday morning in worship.
3. Vacation Bible School. John Bennett is leading an army of volunteers to love children and their families June 19-23. Vacation Bible School is a strategic ministry for Bradfordville. During the week, we’ll have the opportunity to share Jesus with hundreds of boys and girls.
4. Florida Baptist Children’s Homes Offering. We’re collecting money throughout June for our annual offering. Our goal is $10,000. Our giving makes a kingdom difference in the lives of children. Thank you for giving and helping us reach and exceed our offering goal.
5. Mission Trips to Cuba. We have two teams ministering in Cuba this summer. Our first trip is June 26-30, serving young adults and church leaders. Our second trip is July 10-14, leading VBS for young children. We’ll have prayer cards soon, allowing you to pray for all mission volunteers.
6. Outdoor Fellowship and Baptism. On Sunday, June 25 at 6:00 pm, we’ll share desserts together and baptize at Maclay Gardens in the lake. If you’re waiting to obey the Lord in believer’s baptism, then this would be a perfect evening to put your “stake in the ground.” The Hispanic Church plans to join us that evening, too.
7. Student Life Camp at Daytona Beach. Our IGNITE Student Ministry is heading back to Daytona Beach this summer. David Platt, president of the International Mission Board, is the preacher for the week. David Crowder is the worship leader for the camp. This year’s camp is July 17-21.
8. Student Life Children’s Camp at Toccoa, Georgia. Our children’s ministry is making a trip to Georgia, to attend camp. Summer camp is a life-changing experience. The dates for the camp are July 24-28.
9. Vision 20/20 Dinners. Our first dinner is scheduled for Thursday, June 22. We’re planning at least ten dinners. You’ll be contacted soon about dates and reservations. Each dinner will be in the Fellowship Hall at the South Campus.
10. 2017 SEND Conference. The North American Mission Board is sponsoring a two-day conference for church leaders and church planters in Orlando at First Baptist Church. We have several people from Bradfordville planning to attend the conference.
That’s a full summer ministry calendar! Thank you for praying and participating in the upcoming ministries and events.
And worth noting, we have Sunday School, Sunday morning worship, and Wednesday night ministries for all ages every week. It’s exciting to see Bradfordville loving upward, inward, and outward every week of the year!
Always Sharing the Gospel,